Your health is our priority, so we have adopted special measures to keep every client safe during and after each activity:
- Wellness check – Employees receive daily wellness checks in a timely manner to ensure they are healthy and symptom free, namely:
- Hand hygiene: They wash their hands frequently with soap and water for at least at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70o of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them dry;
- Respiratory etiquette: coughing or sneezing into the flexed forearm or carrying a tissue, that afterwards must be immediately thrown away; They always wash their hands after coughing or sneezing; They avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth with their hands;
- Social conduct: we’ve changed the frequency and form of contact between employees avoiding (when possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared work, face-to-face meetings and the share of food, utensils, glasses and towels;
- Daily self-monitoring: measuring body temperature, checking for cough or difficulty in breathing;
- Information to all customers: information on how to comply with the basic precautions for prevention and infection control in relation to the COVID-19 outbreak is made available to all customers, as well as informing the internal protocol for the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak.
We assure you that we ensure:
- The maximum occupation of the means of transport used in the activities in accordance with the recommendations of the General Directorate of Health.
Compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols by partners involved in the activities.
- That there is always a collaborator at the service responsible for triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- The storage of waste produced by clients suspected of infection in a plastic bag that, after being closed, must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
- If someone in your group has symptoms, we will work directly with you to cancel or reschedule your tour.
- Hygiene or disinfection: after each activity, according to the rules applicable to each type of transport, the means of transport used are sanitized and disinfected.
We commit to fully comply with all the rules and requirements for obtaining the “Clean & Safe” seal of Turismo de Portugal.
Madeira details Standardization Plan for Air Accessibility
The Government of the Autonomous Region of Madeira (RAM) has defined, in relation to the Standardization Plan for Air Accessibility, to be in force as of July 1, with regard to travelers to the airports of Madeira and Porto Santo:
All passengers must complete the Regional Health Authority’s (IASAÚDE) form.
The form should be filled in previously to the trip, between 48 and 12 hours before departure.
The survey is available at the Regional Health Authority’s website and will also be accessible through airlines’ websites that so consent.
Alternatively, the completion of the survey, on paper, may occur on arrival at airports in the Autonomous Region of Madeira.
All passengers landed at airports in Autonomous Region of Madeira are subject to thermal screening, even if they carry a negative test for COVID-19 disease, carried out within 72 hours prior to landing, in laboratories certified by national or international authorities.
Passengers landing at airports in the Autonomous Region of Madeira with a negative test for COVID-19 disease, carried out within 72 hours prior landing time, in laboratories certified by national and international authorities, upon landing, proceed to their destination, upon presentation of the corresponding report which can also be submitted, in advance, together with the inquiry referred to in point 1.
Passengers landing at airports in the Autonomous Region of Madeira who have not tested for COVID-19 disease, will do so at the respective airport, upon arrival, with an estimated maximum period of 1 hour to complete the inherent process.
After carrying out the aforementioned test, the passenger will proceed to their destination, being exempted from mandatory confinement, respecting the rules of social distance, use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and health safety.
The test result will be reported to the passenger within the next 12 hours.
All passengers will be monitored through an APP (mobile application) of the Regional Health Authority, of voluntary, but recommended use, or by telephone contact.
The passenger will be directed to a designated hotel and cohabitants (direct contacts) will be subject to mandatory confinement.
The Government of the Autonomous Region of Madeira will assume the respective costs of treatment, accommodation and meals, at the designated hotel unit.
After 7 days, the passenger will be subjected to a new test for COVID-19 disease, for decision by the Regional Health Authority.
If the disease manifests itself during the stay, the respective hotel will not close and must comply with the guidelines issued by the Regional Health Authority.
The Government of the Autonomous Region of Madeira collaborates with all Diplomatic Authorities and Operators involved.
All charges related to repatriation operations must be covered by passengers’ travel insurance.