Yours and our health are our priority
We have the Clean & Safe Seal, complying with all hygiene and safety standards, as well as all guidelines of the General Health Directorate.
From our pick-up until the end of the tour, we are committed to cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces of the vehicles, as well as ensuring many other measures:
- Recommended social distance
- Cleaning and disinfection of hands with alcohol gel
- Recommended Use of Mask
- Body temperature measurement (check in)
Madeira Islands are focused on positioning as a safe destination and are working with SGS, the world leader in certification, to ensure good practices across the destination to minimize risks in the wake of COVID-19. The certification process is available to all companies in the tourism sector, which will be easily identified by the logo, designed under the umbrella “MADEIRA SAFE TO DISCOVER”.
Most local companies are also adopting the “CLEAN & SAFE” stamp, created by VisitPortugal. Madeira was a pioneer in the development of a good practices document to deal with COVID-19. These measures will provide comfort to those who travel, and are ultimately for the wellbeing of all. Also, local authorities require all passengers to proceed with a COVID-19 test. The test can be done on arrival at Madeira’s airport, or 72 hours prior to arrival. All the above initiatives underpin the destination’s determination to ensure a safe tourism location for all visitors.
Madeira Safe to Discover
Madeira Safe to Discover is the official Madeira Tourism phone app designed to facilitate a pleasant and safe visit to the Islands of Madeira and Porto Santo. You can use this app to fill out the epidemiological survey to inform the health authorities. You can also find out more about the tourism points of interest of the Island, earn points and free experiences.
With Madeira Safe to Discover app you can discover Madeira and Porto Santo Islands in a more pleasant way and have access to more than 80 free incredible experiences!
How? It’s simple! You just have to:
- Download and register in our app;
- Fill out the requested epidemiological survey before or at your arrival;
- Earn points by completing daily tasks and challenges;
- Exchange these points for incredible free experiences offered by the local tourism office.
Extra Tip: If you submit a Covid-19 PCR Test/Certificate which has been done prior to your flight to Madeira (less than 72 hours) you will have the unique opportunity to win 30 extra points!
In this app you also have access to exclusive information, such as:
- Details of the local attractions and the best timing to visit each one;
- A map where you can find the most important attractions;
- A trip planner so you can easily organize your stay at our Islands.